Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lessons from the Universe



Backyard cookout for one. Full blue moon. Hello extra-special Tuesday.

I found myself last night sitting in the dark, watching the moon rise, and attempting this bubble meditation exercise I was given in a recent class. The gist of it is using the floating bubbles to focus your thoughts. Awesome. Except it wasn't working. I just kept watching the bubbles and losing track of my thoughts.

But I'm trying, going with the flow, seeing what develops and eventually I realize that almost all the bubbles are being attracted back towards me. So I'm sitting there blowing bubbles, watching them as they come closer, and then *POP* against my skin. Little tiny exploding splashes.

And then I realized.

Bubble kisses.

Hello Joy. Hello self-care. Hello.

I don't have much experience with kisses outside the realm of platonic ones. But they're something I want, and as I'm learning over and over again lately, the universe gives, but you have to be open to receiving things that arrive in ways you never expected.

Bubble. Kisses.

Self. Care.

OK Mama Full Blue Moon Universe, I get you.

No comments:

Post a Comment