Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Notes from the nest

So I've been thinking about stillness a lot lately. The kind of gentle strength of a deer standing at the edge of the forest. Antlers wreathed with flowers. Pictures of Frida Kahlo with flowers in her hair. Reading excerpts of books about how society undervalues Introverts. About what the line is between self care and self indulgence. Navigating that line between treating myself gently and needing to kick my ass into gear. Of valuing what I am instead of what society tells me I should be. Of spilling colors on scrap paper. Of taking those random pages and making a book to help me navigate my inner wild spaces.

There's a lot percolating, and I should come to this space more. I do try. But then I find myself simply gazing out the window and watching the trees wave in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment