Monday, October 6, 2014

Animal Totems

I drove up to University Town (tm) Saturday. The first time I was going sweater shopping, the second time I was headed for the Performing Arts Center for our evening performance. Both times there were SO MANY hawks out ... flying overhead, perched on wires and lampposts, staring at me from road signs. 

Over the last year I've started to pay more attention to the animals I encounter every day. There are lessons there more often than not. And on a day when I was hunting for cute outfits, and overseeing a production, Hawk seemed like a good guide for the day. 

Hawk spirit animals invite us to be focused in our daily undertakings. When you feel the presence of the hawk totem, avoid distractions and focus on the task at hand.
At the same time, hawks can soar and fly high in the sky. This animal has the power to provide support in gaining a higher level perspective on any issue or project you undertake. When the hawk appears in your life, it’s perhaps time to be less distracted by the details and focus on the higher perspective. Relying on the hawk power, you can see what’s ahead clearly and defy any obstacles that may be on your way. A specific way the hawk guidance works is to use a high level and yet clear and focused vision to guide your action. (from: http://www.spiritanimal.info/hawk-spirit-animal/)
Someday when I have a few extra bucks, this oracle card set will be mine. Until then, I'll just keep paying attention to my daily animal companions!

No comments:

Post a Comment