Friday, November 14, 2014

Housekeeping.

Dear Blog,

I know. I know. I changed your name again. Sorry, not sorry, as the saying goes.

I've made my way around the internet, as one does, getting a Twitter account, trying to figure out Tumblr, getting lost on Instagram and Pinterest. And you make accounts, and you try things out and eventually you realize you've got 17 different personalities out there. And it just got exhausting.

I'm trying to simplify things right now. I'm moving at a glacial pace, but I just got fed up the other day and decided that for the most part I was going to have one identity on the internet. So I changed all (most?) of my social media "names" to some version of My Blue Castle.

And we'll see how it goes. In many respects I feel "real-er" when I don't have to use my real name or some version thereof that can be tracked back to me. But maybe its time to change that. The word authenticity keeps floating up in my brain. So I'm keeping that in mind. Maybe its my 2015 word. We'll see.

But for now, I want to be mostly one person. I've still left a few pockets out there for when I'm feeling too fragile to put all my thoughts out there. But maybe its time to stop hiding so much.

After all, the wisdom of The Blue Castle says;

“Fear is the original sin. Almost all of the evil in the world has its origin in the fact that some one is afraid of something. It is a cold slimy serpent coiling about you. It is horrible to live with fear; and it is of all things degrading.” 
― L.M. MontgomeryThe Blue Castle


Let's see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment