Wednesday, October 9, 2013

seeing the season

the lilac bush in my backyard

Fall is normally my favorite time of year. The crispness of the air. The smell of sun warmed leaves underfoot. The change of seasons. But right now I'm tapped out. I've been fighting off a virus or something for the last 2+ weeks and while I want to revel in autumn joys ... mostly I've just been hibernating. But I'm trying to just breathe, and let myself rest. To honor this month's nesting. To sit quietly in my living room and watch the squirrel couple (one grey, one black) scurry around in the evergreen tree outside gathering branches and making their nest for the winter. 

Transitions are coming. Surrendering is on the horizon. And as such I am trying to honor the quiet. It's just not easy some days where there are so many things to do and so little energy to spare. So like that lilac bush up there, my fall might be a bit more muted than I'd like... but it's still beautiful if you can see the IS instead of the SHOULD BE.




No comments:

Post a Comment