Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It was overcast and rainy last night, so there was no lunar eclipse watching. 

But with all the talk about this Red Moon Lunar Eclipse, it seems a good time to get down a few thoughts about how I've recently started trying to pay attention to the moon phases. I suspect there's a lot more I could be doing, but start small, eh? 

So I'm trying to mark the new moon energy by spending some extra time cleaning and decluttering. It happened somewhat by accident (are these things ever really accidents?) one weekend when I was on a cleaning spree and at some point noticed it was during a new moon. So. New moon = cleaning/clearing/cleansing. I suspect this practice will get refined many times, but its good to start, right?!

And tonight I (re-)started full moon self date night. I took myself to the neighborhood pizza joint. Treated myself to a beer, and my favorite pepperoni and mushroom pizza. And a salad. I love it there. The decor hasn't changed since the 50s. And the round booths are awesome for people watching. It's the place my parents met, so I always feel like there's good energy there for me. And on a Monday night its never that crowded and so I feel less weird about eating alone. Mostly using the full moon is just a good reminder to take myself out for some me time on a regular basis. But it feels right too to celebrate that sort of full-ness of self/self-care under a plump ol' moon!

I'm reading up on home and hearth rituals, so I suspect I'll come up with some others as I wander down the days, but here's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment